Posted on December 27, 2011
Pattern: Powerful Trio™
There’s nothing better than capturing special moments in the lives of those you love. But it’s also helpful to remember that you, too, are a loved one to many—and memories of you are and will be treasures to others now and in the future. It’s easier than you think—and more important than you know.
Think of the men and women of your past: your parents, grandparents, and beyond. Wouldn’t you love to have a list of their favorite songs in high school, or their reactions to a world event you would learn about years later in history class? You’d want to know about the good times and happy times, and also the challenges they faced, and also those little details and quirks that are as unique as they are. And—guarantee it!—your descendants will want to know the same things about you.
So how do you incorporate a little more of you into your scrapbooks? Here are some tips to get your creative juices flowing:
- Arrange for a photo shoot—spotlighting you! Even if you’re getting family portraits taken, be sure to get a few shots featuring you alone.
- Make a list. Or better, make a bunch of lists. What are your favorite restaurants? Your least favorite chores? The contents of your purse or pockets? Things that make you laugh? Lists are an easy way to record lots of info.
- Find out what others think. Remember The Newlywed Game, where couples were quizzed about each other? Create your own questionnaire to find out if your friends, your spouse, or your kids know the nitty-gritty details about you. Be sure to record their answers—and your own!
- Tell about your everyday life. Describe your morning ritual, your nervous habits, the things you see on your way to work, or the tasks you complete every day.
Oh, and wondering about the journaling in the layout above? It reads:
Reasons I Smile
- I married my very best friend
- Craft projects and peanut butter M&Ms
- I am a daughter of God
- Pickles, dill...I love them!
- I am a mother and a teacher
- Every day I get to watch my son grow
- Blue skies and cool weather
- Zumba classes
- Chocolate and Mexican food
- My iPad and my Nikon
- Scrapbooking and photography
- The smell of freshly baked bread
Someday I Will
- Spend Christmas in Paris
- Visit all 50 states
- Finish my family history
- Take my son to a game at Yankee Stadium
- Take ballet
- Enter a cooking contest, and WIN!